Take a stand and pledge to make a difFURrence by being kind online! Visit Build-a-Bear Workshop’s Facebook page, http://www.facebook.com/
Check out Build-a-Bear’s new brand ambassador Cody Simpson as he discusses cyberbullying:
* Don’t partake in making fun of others and school gossip. By doing this, you’re also giving permission to those who have it done to you.
* Don’t practice exclusion. By leaving students out, you give others the right to exclude you too.
* Use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to educate, raise awareness and speak out against bullying.
* Extend a hand of friendship to a kid who is lonely.
* Promote acceptance and understanding.
* Write a letter to your school’s administration and school board. Demand a district wide policy of “zero tolerance” for bullying.
* Write politicians demanding anti-bullying laws are put in place.
* Instead of putting someone down, build them up. We’ll all be the better for it!
Follow the 3R’s plus1:
Refuse to be a bystander.
Lead by example. Welcome everyone into your group and create a diverse and awesome circle of friends! When we share our lives and learn together, this enables us to see past our differences and discover our similarities!
Work Together To End Bullying!
The power of hearing one voice in solidarity with you can be transformative. – It’s all about taking a stand and empowerment!
If you or someone you know needs help to deal with bullying, tell someone! Or contact:
No one ever needs to feel unsafe anywhere at anytime, including the internet. Please practice kindness and pass it on!
Information is given to me as a 15 Friends Ambassador.