I’ve joined 100+ bloggers, the editors of Self Magazine, writers from the Curvy Girl Guide, and a group of breast cancer survivors from Beyond the Boobie Trap in an amazing movement to celebrate women of all shapes and sizes while inspiring them to have fun this summer and get off the beach chair with confidence! Me, in a swimsuit on the internet is probably the last thing I though I’d ever do!
I’ve had three children in my 39 years. My body is that of a mother who didn’t bounce back to her pre-baby shape. I have stretch marks on my stomach and thighs, extra skin around my middle, and let’s face it, I’m not tone. But, visiting the Hawaiian islands 3 times in the past year, as well as taking our kids to our central coast beaches, and to my mom’s pool, I show off my body the best I can to prove I have swimsuit confidence! See…I have this gorgeous Land’s End swimsuit which is a two piece. The top is a Beach Living Batik Dot Halter Tunic with:
- Drawstrings at the sides adjust the coverage (love this, it’s sexy says my hubby!)
- Flattering deep v-neck and shirring enhance the bust (cleavage ladies, embrace it!)
- Ties at the neck (prefer this halter look)
- Bra has sewn-in soft cups
- Fabric provides UPF 50 sun protection (bonus!!)
The coverage hides my middle flaws and is really flattering on my body. The halter draws attention up and away from my arms that are a tricky zone for me. The bottoms are Beach Living High Rise Swimsuit Bottom with Tummy Control which smooths out the muffin top that some swim bottoms can make plus:
- Wide waistband is especially flattering and doesn’t dig in
- Sits just below your natural waist (Plus has a lower-cut leg opening for added coverage)
- Fabric provides UPF 50 sun protection
Would you post a shot of yourself in a bathing suit for the internet to see??
I’m honored to be a part of this campaign, the swimsuit was sent free of charge, all opinions are my own.