With the winter weather comes lots of staying indoors. I know that my main exercise plan is walking and when the temps are 30s and 40’s in the a.m. I will always choose to stay in. With that decision is the lack of exercise, but now that we finally have a Wii system, I have no more excuses, especially with having the Just Dance series of games at my disposal!
People are playing Just Dance 3 to not only have fun, but to stay and get in shape while mixing up their usual fitness routine. For example, some of the game’s more high profile fans include soccer sensation and Dancing with The Stars alum-Hope Solo, who uses the game to stay in shape when she’s not on the soccer field. Also, actress Raven Simone attributes much of her weight loss to playing Just Dance 1, 2 and 3 in her spare time for fun.The “Just Sweat” function in the game for Wii, Xbox and PlayStation, lets a player accumulate sweat points and track fitness progress over time.
My take: My 3 kids are all in soccer, baseball, and dance year-round. They are in great shape and even during the winter they keep active. So playing this against them is tough. After one dance I really work up a sweat and my heart-rate is up for sure! I’m in the living room doing this when the kids are in school burning calories, learning some dance moves, and having fun! This “game” is really something for everyone, my girls love doing it because it’s put to current music they love and they have moves already. The goal for me is to get my husband up and working it, I tell him he needs a good dance move as well as some conditioning for his basketball season. He’s found I found that you can do the dance only with your hands (while sitting) and still get the “perfect” “excellent” and “good” reinforcement, but that’s cheating! By the way, I love the positive reinforcement it gives, everyone needs that push!
My oldest daughter has found that this is a popular game to have at teen slumber parties, again the music is trendy, the action is fun, and the competition is great! We look forward to collecting all the different series of games as well as the Just Dance Kids games! California Girls is my favorite and I love they have oldies but goodies from our youth (Video Killed the Radio Star!!)
Just Dance 3 for Wii features:
- Top Of The Charts: Over 40 all-new tracks, ranging from chart-topping hits to classic dance party tracks! There’s something for all tastes so everyone will find their groove. Want more songs? Download from an expanding catalogue of new tracks from the in-game store.
- Dance Crew Mode: With now up to 4 concurrent dance routines, it’s your time to shine! Each player can get his own moment of fame with unique choreographies and moves for each member of the band.
- Shake the World: Just Dance 3 lets you bring down the house with dynamic environments. Watch the background change as you perform progressive moves.
- Just Sweat It Out: The popular Just Sweat mode gets an upgrade with more workout plans and playlists. And exclusive on the Wii, up to 4 players can workout together simultaneously in the Just Sweat mode. Also record your fitness efforts and earn sweat points at all times. Stay fit, have fun, and Just Dance!
- Dance Til Dawn: Use the Party Mode and lose yourself in the music! No navigating through menus, no need to stop to select the next song… Just Dance 3 gives you a non-stop dance-a-thon!
- Too Shy to Dance… But Love to Sing?! All tracks provide song lyrics on-screen, so even if you don’t score points with your voice, you’re sure to score some with the crowd!
- Just Can’t Get Enough: Just Dance 3 still has everyone’s favorite modes like Duets, Non-Stop Shuffle, Medley, Simon Says, and more.
- Wall of Fame: Exclusive on Wii, earn medals for your stellar performances, then see all the dances, high scores and stars you’ve accomplished on one single screen!
We were sent similar prizing to facilitate this post.