Typical for central California, as school starts back in, the weather heats up and now we experience our summer weather. 94 degrees today and both of my kids took Gatorade with them to school. One because they love the taste, and two because mom said they had to! Gatorade has all the essential carbs, electrolytes, and fluid necessary to keep kids going when they’re sweating. Both kids are active at school and have physical education midday, they need to refuel! Let’s not forget that it’s soccer season for my 9 and 4 year old, so weekly practices outside is going to take a lot out of them!
I’m proud to promote Gatorade’s “Beat the Heat” campaign educates athletes, parents and coaches about heat-related illness and the importance of proper hydration. The goal is to reduce the number of heat-related injuries and deaths and help raise funds for organizations dedicated to preventing heat-related illness. During the campaign, you will also receive samples of Gatorade. We’d love for you to take this key messaging into account and include the following in your blog post:
* Moms play a key role in keeping their athletes safe, so Moms need to understand that young athletes may be at greater risk for heat-related illness and know the ways to prevent it.
* Water isn’t enough. While fundamental, water alone does not hydrate and refuel as effectively as Gatorade.
* In drinking water, the brain may turn off the perception of thirst before the body’s overall fluid needs are met and stops the athlete from fully rehydrating. The electrolytes in Gatorade help maintain the stimulus to drink so athletes drink enough to replenish and refuel .
* Equipment makes a difference – wear light net-type jerseys, T-shirts and shorts, change sweat-soaked clothing, avoid wearing excess clothing, remove helmets when not playing and remember to stay hydrated.
* You can help- download a free Gatorade Heat Safety Kit found at www.nfl.com/trainingcamp. For every unique download Gatorade will donate $1 to “Beat the Heat” charities up to $20,000.
Not only do we buy the bottled drinks, we also invest in the can of powder to make pitchers of it at home, Glacier Freeze being the favorite of our family! Recently, my oldest daughter likes to add Gatorade and ice in the blender for slushies! I love it, smart and creative choices!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog campaign by Mom Central on behalf of Gatorade’s “Beat the Heat” campaign and received Gatorade samples to facilitate my candid review. Mom Central sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.